Monday, June 20, 2011

From Japan to Washington D.C.: Oh the Crazies

Back Up In the States....Doesn't sound as good as "all up in japan." Therefore, I decided to name the blog after something I mentioned in the last post of allupinjapan.com. Go read it.


After being in Tennesse for three days, I went to North Carolina and then to Washington D.C. with some friends of mine. In my hometown, they got a new bus system called "The Megabus." It takes your places far away for really cheap. So my Jet lag would be cured by my Bus lag.

D.C. is an interesting place, filled with diverse people. So much race and religious backgrounds...




and so many crazies.

In most cases, people I interacted with were really really nice. 

However... The first person I came across was so nuts and its F-ing hilarious. My friend, Mark, his father, Mark Sr., and I waited at a station for our hotel reservations to start. My cell phone was dying because I kept playing Angry Birds on my way to D.C. that night. In the station I was going to charge my phone, but the only free plug was behind this one ladies' chair. I asked the lady if I could use the plug and she smiled and let me plug my charger into the wall behind her. Suddenly, she slammed the newspaper down on the table and shouted, "Fuck, we should just shoot 'em in the fuckin' head! The Pentagon is keeping secrets. Just shoot 'em in the fuckin' head!" She stormed out promptly. For a second I thought I Was a dead man.

Later that night, something even funnier--slightly more pathetic happened. After a long day of walking, and being sick, we went to a convenient store to buy some tissue and medicine. When we walked in a man approached and asked me--as if reading off a teleprompter-- "Excuse me sir, may I borrow a dollar." I was in a giving mood and  gave him 4 quarters. He said thanks then asked my friend and his father for a dollar too, which was successful. Immediately after getting around 3 dollars, he turns around and says "May I please have a black and mild, please?" 

It was so bad, but so funny that Mark, Mark's dad, and both store clerks laughed. But silently. We all just opened our mouths and laughed without making no noise. It is incredible sharing laughs with a stranger. Its just one extra thing you have in common with someone else: all parties find the same thing funny.


Fun Luggage Forever.

1 comment:

  1. The entertainment value = or was greater than what everyone put in. Tis a win/win.

    ReplyDelete